Your senior photo session is coming up and you want to be completely prepared and ready for the big day! This guide will help you pack everything you need and avoid any session day emergency!
The Week Before Your Session:
Determine and finalize the looks for your photoshoot. Try everything on, examine it in the mirror and make sure you like how it looks, fits and feels. Is it giving you the vibe you want to express in your photos? Decide on shoes, accessories and jewelry for each outfit
The Day Before Your Session
Layout all your outfits and look them over to double check they are full of variety and are the style you want to express in your photos. Iron your clothes and make sure there is no lint or stray strands.
Packing up all you need for your session is important to not only make sure you have everything you need but that you keep everything camera ready for your big day. Here are my top tips for packing:
1. Hang all elements of an outfit together. So if you have jeans and top, hang the jeans on the horizontal part of the hanger with the top on top of that. That way you keep all elements of the outfit together.
2. Place jewelry for each outfit in a separate ziploc bag. Then attach that ziploc bag to the hanger of the outfit the jewelry goes with. This will make sure that your jewelry doesn’t get mixed up and you know exactly what you are wearing with what.
3. Pack all your undergarments together in a separate bag. Bring more than you need just in case.
4. Pack your shoes separately so they don’t get anything dirty.
5. Place all your clothing in a zip-front garment bag.
6. If you have multiple outfits, a small rolling suitcase would be a good idea to bring.
7. Be as organized as possible to ensure your clothing is camera ready for your session.
NOW THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO PACK, WHAT DO YOU PACK FOR YOUR SENIOR SESSION? I’VE GOT A COMPLETE LIST FOR YOU BELOW!
SENIOR SESSION PACKING LIST
10 MUST HAVE ITEMS!!!
1. Your clothes/outfits for your session
2. Undergarments including strapless bra or stickies, nude colors for all undergarments
3. Shoes for each outfit
4. Jewelry for each outfit
5. Accessories for outfits
6. Props you want to include
7. Chapstick or extra lipstick / lip gloss
9. Water with a straw to keep lipstick on
I liked it the most when you shared that each senior photo season has distinct clothing styles. My friend wants…
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is the little "extra".