Your senior session is such a big deal, and it a once in a lifetime shoot. I want to make sure that you are fully prepared to have a great session with photos that you can forever look back on. Take a look at 5 tips to help you have the best session possible.
- Schedule your hair appointments for any touchups or haircuts the week of the session, not the morning of! You don’t want to run late, and you definitely don’t want a recipe for disaster if the person doing it messes up. You may also want to check for traffic delays on google. The sunset is unforgiving and we lose light quickly regardless of traffic.
- Have your outfits prepared and laid out the night before. Make sure you iron and steam them to remove any wrinkles! I also suggest trying on your outfits and actually trying out a few poses to make sure that they aren’t restrictive or uncomfortable.
- If you think of any new ideas, tell your photographer. It’s a good idea to write these down, so you don’t forget! I am always up for new ideas regarding poses, locations, props, etc. Let’s work together and collaborate.
- Have your nails done the day before, and this goes for both guys and girls! If you have a physical, demanding job, you might have dirt and grime underneath your fingernails. For girls, make sure they are to your liking and no chipped polish!
- Have a camera-ready face. For the girls, try to have a professional makeup artist do the job. I offer in studio hair and makeup and all sessions have makeup add on options. Makeup artists are skilled with foundations and products that won’t shine in photos or rub off on your clothes.
For more tips, visit my website, follow me on Instagram or message me with any questions.